xml file from window6

All,

I cannot get the xml file from Window6. I think I have done all the right things (referring to Andy's tutorial on three phase method section 3.3), but I cannot get the xml file output. What I have is the csv file, instead of xml.

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Ery

Hi Ery,

The most recent NFRC certified version of Window 6 has an bug that prevents the program from writing an xml file. Make sure you're using the latest version (not NFRC certified) available here:http://windows.lbl.gov/software/window/6/index.html . Getting NFRC certification is a lengthy process. So it'll be a while before the bug fix makes its way back to the NFRC certified version.

The latest version has a checkbox to "write xml BSDF output" in the preferences-> optical calcs dialogue, make sure it is checked.

Also, if you're running Windows 7 the file locations are awkward, the CSV file and XML file are sometimes written to different locations. for me the XML file can be found here:
C:\Users\Andy McNeil\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LBNL\WINDOW6

Also there is a bug that causes the filename of the xml file to be wrong if you've changed the name of the glazing system in Window or if you created it by copying another record. I typically sort the directory by modification time and the most recent xml file written is the one I want. You can verify by opening the xml file in a text editor and looking at the <name> tag on or near line 7.

I hope something in this email solves your problem. If nothing helps, let me know and well figure out what's happening online.

Andy

···

On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:58 AM, Ery Djunaedy wrote:

All,

I cannot get the xml file from Window6. I think I have done all the right things (referring to Andy's tutorial on three phase method section 3.3), but I cannot get the xml file output. What I have is the csv file, instead of xml.

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Ery

Andy,

Thanks for your response, but still no luck. I did get the right version, but I download it again just in case.

Here is my version: v6.3.26.0 date: 10/26/2011 installed in Windows 7 under virtualbox under linux.

I did go back to the preference page, and checked the right button. But still the only file that I have is the a csv file. The content of that file is not xml.

Further observation on my installation:

1. No Radiance component installed. In the preference page, in the radiance tab, there is a note that if I want to have the radiance component, then I have to download the right install file. I cannot find any install file with radiance component in the website, but I suppose this does not matter for the purpose of generating XML?

2. After the calculation (F9) in the glazing system library, there is always a message like this:

"One of the layers for Glazing System 13 does not have detailed spectral data or the spectral data analysis was disabled in Preferences. This may result in incorrect results for optical properties such as SHGC and TVIS. Custom layers with detailed spectral data can be created in Optics and imported into the Window Library."

Thanks,

Ery

···

On 10/27/2011 10:23 AM, Andy McNeil wrote:

Hi Ery,

The most recent NFRC certified version of Window 6 has an bug that prevents the program from writing an xml file. Make sure you're using the latest version (not NFRC certified) available here:http://windows.lbl.gov/software/window/6/index.html . Getting NFRC certification is a lengthy process. So it'll be a while before the bug fix makes its way back to the NFRC certified version.

The latest version has a checkbox to "write xml BSDF output" in the preferences-> optical calcs dialogue, make sure it is checked.

Also, if you're running Windows 7 the file locations are awkward, the CSV file and XML file are sometimes written to different locations. for me the XML file can be found here:
C:\Users\Andy McNeil\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LBNL\WINDOW6

Also there is a bug that causes the filename of the xml file to be wrong if you've changed the name of the glazing system in Window or if you created it by copying another record. I typically sort the directory by modification time and the most recent xml file written is the one I want. You can verify by opening the xml file in a text editor and looking at the<name> tag on or near line 7.

I hope something in this email solves your problem. If nothing helps, let me know and well figure out what's happening online.

Andy

On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:58 AM, Ery Djunaedy wrote:

All,

Did I miss something?

Thanks,

Ery