Workshop dates discussion

A few people have requested that we move the workshop to the following week, meaning the first few days of September (1-3). How many people who are hoping to attend would this help or hinder? I hope no one has purchased unmovable flights at this point....

-Greg

Dear Greg,

I don't have any issue regarding the dates but, now that there is a
discussion about the workshop I would like to get more detail about the
workshop 2014 details. I look forward to participate in the workshop this
year.

Best,
Ehsan

···

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Gregory J. Ward <[email protected]>wrote:

A few people have requested that we move the workshop to the following
week, meaning the first few days of September (1-3). How many people who
are hoping to attend would this help or hinder? I hope no one has
purchased unmovable flights at this point....

-Greg

Just to let everyone know, we have decided to hold the Radiance workshop during the first week of September. The dates will be Sept. 1-3, 2014, in London at the ARUP offices. This is a week later than the original plan, and was moved by request from some of the organizers.

An official announcement with the website URL will follow shortly.

Cheers,
-Greg

···

Subject: Workshop dates discussion
Date: April 28, 2014 9:37:35 AM PDT

A few people have requested that we move the workshop to the following week, meaning the first few days of September (1-3). How many people who are hoping to attend would this help or hinder? I hope no one has purchased unmovable flights at this point....

-Greg

Dear Greg,

Hi,

I am a beginner with Radiance and am working with the head release. I teach
in a school of Architecture in India. I was looking for a systematic
training. Will attending the workshop help me in this regards. I have gone
through the basic tutorials on the web, as well as the book Rendering with
Radiance. I have also gone through the earlier web uploads of previous
workshops.

Kindly advise.

Alpana

Hi Alpana,

Typically, the first day of the workshop is devoted to some form of tutorial, training, or software demo(s). The other days are for presentations by the attendees, on work they've done using Radiance, or tools they've developed that extend Radiance or use it in some way. Rarely has any of the content fit what I would call "systematic training", and I don't believe there's enough time in a three day workshop that is 2/3 devoted to user presentations and case studies to really do a top to bottom job of accomplishing such a thing. I will say that the workshops are truly inspiring, and spending three days with the inspiring people tends to spawn all kinds of impromptu meetings and discussions of the educational variety!

While it's probably not precisely what you are looking for, I would say that the workshop *is* quite valuable.

-Rob

Rob Guglielmetti
NREL Commercial Buildings Research Group
Golden, CO 80401
[email protected]

···

-----Original Message-----
From: Alpana dongre [[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2014 11:32 AM Mountain Standard Time
To: Radiance general discussion
Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] Workshop dates discussion

Dear Greg,

Hi,

I am a beginner with Radiance and am working with the head release. I teach in a school of Architecture in India. I was looking for a systematic training. Will attending the workshop help me in this regards. I have gone through the basic tutorials on the web, as well as the book Rendering with Radiance. I have also gone through the earlier web uploads of previous workshops.

Kindly advise.

Alpana