Winimage + duplicate files in 5.4a

It looks like winimage got left out of the latest release on github. Is it still with us, or …?

Also, some of the files are duplicated in the Windows main release and the auxiliary files.

Also, raddepend is missing. :frowning_face:

And, on Windows, attempting to run falsecolor produces the following error messages:

Can't locate Win32.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Win32 module) (@INC contains: C:/Radiance/lib) at -e line 457.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 603.
Use of uninitialized value $LogLmax in exponentiation (**) at script/falsecolor.pl line 148.```

Hi @Randolph_Fritz4, are winimage and raddepend there in the previous version? The build workflow hasn’t been changed since the beginning.

I just tested the falsecolor on my machine, it seems working correctly. Could you please attach the test file?

Raddepend was only ever a C-shell program, so you would need a Windows implementation of that. I’m not sure one exists. Or, you would have to rewrite the script in Perl or Python. It kind of sounds like you are missing some Perl package, but I’m not sure how to figure out what.

-Greg

Thanks. I’ll see what I can do.

I also think I’ll consult someone I know on appropriate versions of Perl and Python.

I think the falsecolor problem has something to do with a library that is needed on Windows but not on *nix. I know nothing about Perl, but maybe I can hack something out.

I don’t know; I just started using Radiance on Windows because I needed to. raddepend definitely not. Winimage “should” work - the whole reason it exists is to provide a Windows substitute for ximage - but that doesn’t mean it does work, or has ever.