Using two clipping boxes in visualization of lighting distribution

That looks a lot like the technique John M. details here (http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/refer/Notes/jm_technote_02.pdf), but it seems like you're using the first technique (used to mask arbitrarily shaped, adjacent obstructions) and really want the second one (used to "peek into" a space while preserving the geometry for the traced rays. Could you post images of the result, as well as images of each octree you're using?

···

On 12/3/15, 7:34 AM, "Per Haugaard" <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Dear group,

I would like to use two clipping boxes to "cut off" the top and side in my model to better visualize lighting distribution in my design.
I have tried to include two clipping boxes in a clipping box octree:

oconv objects/BOX_top.rad objects/BOX_PL2-3.rad > octrees/Clipping_box.oct

I then use vwrays for illustration:

vwrays -fd -vf views/View_perspective.vf -x 1000 -y 1000 | rtrace -w -h -fd -opd octrees/Clipping_box.oct | rtrace -w -ab 1 -fdc `vwrays -d -vf views/View_perspective.vf -x 1000 -y 1000` octrees/office.oct > images/office.pic

My problem is that the only things that seem to be "cut off" is the intersecting part of the two boxes.

Is there a way to work with two clipping boxes to "cut off" the top and side in a model for better visualization of the lighting distribution?

Any input is much appreciated.

Best regards

Per Haugaard