using stereo gl in os x

Now that os x supports stereo gl on the g5 quad with the nvidia quadro fx 4500 card I would like to build a stereo version of Radiance. If I remove the -DNOSTEREO argument from mach= in the OS X case in makeall it fails because in glrad.c it can't find X11/extensions/SGIStereo.h. Is there some documentation about what the code is trying to do so that I can substitute the appropriate os x includes. I don't have access to an sgi box so it is difficult to figure out what is in the includes.

Thank you,

Doug Reeder

Hi Doug,

Documentation for Radiance source code is scant, and I can't remember how the stereo mode in the old SGI's worked all that well, other than the fact that it used two frame buffers and the pixel aspect ratio could change.

If you search for all occurrences of STEREO in rhd_ogl.c, you will find the places where code changes may be necessary, but I can't really advise you on what they should be for the G5 quad's stereo option.

If you get this to work, I'll be happy to do my part and reincorporate it back into the main distribution.

Best of luck!
-Greg

ยทยทยท

Date: June 7, 2006 9:25:19 AM PDT

Now that os x supports stereo gl on the g5 quad with the nvidia quadro fx 4500 card I would like to build a stereo version of Radiance. If I remove the -DNOSTEREO argument from mach= in the OS X case in makeall it fails because in glrad.c it can't find X11/extensions/SGIStereo.h. Is there some documentation about what the code is trying to do so that I can substitute the appropriate os x includes. I don't have access to an sgi box so it is difficult to figure out what is in the includes.

Thank you,

Doug Reeder