simulation problems

hi...

i've recently started using radiance so the query i have might sound very
basic. i'm using radiance with acad 14. when i try to start the simulation a
windows system window at dos prompt opens up and mentions a missing file
function. i dont know if it is an installation problem. kindly help in this
regard as i'm unable to go any further....

also please let me know from where i can learn about using radiance with
ecotect (i already have it).

thanks
sanyogita
india

missing file function.

Hi!

I guess it doesn't find a required function file (something ending with .cal). If this is the case, you should set the RAYPATH environment variable. It must include the path where the files ending .cal have been installed on your computer, often this is a directory called lib or library in your radiance installation.

I do not know how to set the variable, as this changes with every version of windows and I am not an experienced user of that system at all. If you do not know, find it in the documentation or ask some windows admin.

Good luck!

Lars.

also please let me know from where i can learn about using radiance with ecotect (i already have it).

there is one very simple example/tutorial in ecotect wherein it described how to export to radinace from ecotect.

Regards

Gurneet Singh
Energy Analyst/Architect

···

----- Original Message -----
  To: [email protected]
  Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:14 AM
  Subject: [Radiance-general] simulation problems

hi...

i've recently started using radiance so the query i have might sound very basic. i'm using radiance with acad 14. when i try to start the simulation a windows system window at dos prompt opens up and mentions a missing file function. i dont know if it is an installation problem. kindly help in this regard as i'm unable to go any further....

also please let me know from where i can learn about using radiance with ecotect (i already have it).

thanks
  sanyogita
  india

------------------------------------------------------------------------------