set overflow in addobject

Dear Radiance users,

I have made calculation of luminance and illuminance distribution of specular reflectors using Radiance. My parabolic reflector is made with 15750 very small polygons. All polygons are mirror material. The problem is that when I make oconv process I get the following error:

oconv: internal - set overflow in addobject (parabola-0-004-R_63E0.6350.1)

6350 is the number of polygon.

The same error I have on different computers and no matter if it is Radiance 3.1 under LINUX or Desktop Radiance.

Regards,

Krzysztof Wandachowicz

···

------------------------------------------------
Krzysztof Wandachowicz
Politechnika Poznańska, Instytut Elektrotechniki Przemysłowej
Zakład Techniki Świetlnej
http://lumen.iee.put.poznan.pl/kw/
-----------------------------------------------

Dear Krzysztof,

The solution is very simple -- follow the instructions in the oconv man page and increase the -r option by powers of two until the problem disappears. In your case, I'd recommend going straight to some large value, such as -r 262144.

-Greg

···

Dear Radiance users,

I have made calculation of luminance and illuminance distribution of specular reflectors using Radiance. My parabolic reflector is made with 15750 very small polygons. All polygons are mirror material. The problem is that when I make oconv process I get the following error:

oconv: internal - set overflow in addobject (parabola-0-004-R_63E0.6350.1)

6350 is the number of polygon.

The same error I have on different computers and no matter if it is Radiance 3.1 under LINUX or Desktop Radiance.

Regards,

Krzysztof Wandachowicz