rview for windows

Is there a more recent version of the rview program than the rather flaky
one included with Desktop Radiance?

Nick

Try nrv: http://www.aisarquitectura.com/nrv/ which is a contribution by Ignacio. It is a previewer for Radiance scenes on Windows.

CU Lars.

Nick Doylend wrote:

I'm fairly sure that Georg updated that one for the version he includes in his Rayfront package. The one that comes with Rayfront is quite nice, as it includes some handy view manipulation sliders. Funny you should ask this question now, as I have been wondering about alternatives myself. We use Rayfront here at my office, but the binaries have not been updated in some time so I like to *start* in Rayfront/Windows, but ultimately take my scene and .rif files and play with them on a Linux farm. The problem is all my library objects are compiled on the newer radiance and so I cannot view them with that older rview that comes with Rayfront. AFAIK, the only other Windows-based alternative is the somewhat recently posted "nrv" program that Ignacio Munarriz created. I used it a little bit, and it shows great promise, but in the short term I found it to be very slow and somewhat buggy. In Ignacio's defense, he said he was tired of playing with the code and said he was posting it with known bugs but still in hopes that it was useful to some people. I certainly hope he continues work on it. (search the archives for the link.)

- Rob