Rtrace result

Hi master. I have question about the results of rtrace. I use radiance
5.0.b win 32 for windows.
I use numeric file such 1.00 0.10 1.75 1 0 0

And i use command rtrace:
type numeric\30.fld | rtrace -I -ab 3 -h -w -oov octrees/ranc1_1140.oct |
rcalc -e "$1=179*(.265*$4+.670*$5+.065*$6)" > results\ranc1_1140_e.csv

The question is: the results of rtrace is different for several running. i
run that command for several times, but the result always different.
Anybody know what happens?

···

-----------------------------------------------------------
Best Regars,

*Christy Vidiyanti*
Master Student
Institute of Technology Bandung, Indonesia

Without knowing your scene configuration (sky type, windows, size of space, etc.), this is normal based on random sampling of rays traced if your calculation parameters are not detailed enough for your scene. Try adding -ad 3000 into your command after -ab 3 and see if that improves your problem. You should also read the manual page, search old forum posts, and/or read the Rendering with Radiance book regarding rtrace parameters ab, ad, as, ar which would affect accuracy of ambient inter-reflection calculations, and can improve consistency by reducing random sampling errors.

The question is: the results of rtrace is different for several running. i run that command for several times, but the result always different. Anybody know what happens?

···

thank you for your reply. I'm newbie using radiance.
I will try your suggestion. thank you very much

···

-----Original Message-----
Sent: ‎01/‎07/‎2015 21:02
To: "Radiance general discussion" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] Rtrace result

Without knowing your scene configuration (sky type, windows, size of space, etc.), this is normal based on random sampling of rays traced if your calculation parameters are not detailed enough for your scene. Try adding -ad 3000 into your command after -ab 3 and see if that improves your problem. You should also read the manual page, search old forum posts, and/or read the Rendering with Radiance book regarding rtrace parameters ab, ad, as, ar which would affect accuracy of ambient inter-reflection calculations, and can improve consistency by reducing random sampling errors.

The question is: the results of rtrace is different for several running. i run that command for several times, but the result always different. Anybody know what happens?