rtarce: "missing triangle vertices in mesh_hit"

Hi,

got an error message again, this time "missing triangle vertices in mesh_hit" from rtrace (which is called from mkillum), which seams to be from o_mesh.c. I'm using radiance 3.6 at the moment.

The strange about it: I sucessfully rendered the scene before, and now, after changing some setting, I get this error. In fact, the geometry had been changed, but not the object that is reported to cause the problem.

I use oconv with -r 4096 -n 12. Is it possible that this problem occurs as a result of a low -r oconv resolution?

TIA+CU Lars.

Hi Lars,

This is one of those nasty internal errors you should never see, because it means something is wrong with the code. I spent a couple hours just now pouring over it, and I can't figure out how or why it might be happening. I think I need you to send me your scene to try to debug this.

I assume your octree is up-to-date with respect to your scene files, right? I don't see how that could cause this error, but just wanted to be sure.

You might try upgrading to 3.7 just to check that it's not something I fixed before without knowing it.

-Greg

ยทยทยท

Date: October 19, 2005 1:57:17 AM PDT

Hi,

got an error message again, this time "missing triangle vertices in mesh_hit" from rtrace (which is called from mkillum), which seams to be from o_mesh.c. I'm using radiance 3.6 at the moment.

The strange about it: I sucessfully rendered the scene before, and now, after changing some setting, I get this error. In fact, the geometry had been changed, but not the object that is reported to cause the problem.

I use oconv with -r 4096 -n 12. Is it possible that this problem occurs as a result of a low -r oconv resolution?

TIA+CU Lars.