removing legend on falsecolor "error"

Hi all,

I am using the newly incorporated falsecolor option -lw to remove the legend from the falsecolor image all together. I need to do this because I'm generating many images at the same scale, so don't want to have to remove the scale and resize the image.

% falsecolor -i picture1.pic -lw 0 -s 10 > picture_falsecolor1.pic
% falsecolor -i picture2.pic -lw 0 -s 10 > picture_falsecolor2.pic

etc.

However, because I need a scale to compare my images against, I use falsecolor without the -lw option

% falsecolor -i picture1.pic -s 10 > picture_falsecolor_legend.pic

The problem is, the color on the image with the legend is completely different from the color on the image without the legend.

Is there an option that I am missing to synchronize the color scale?

John

Sorry all, Rob Guglimetti helped me to solve the problem.

I was using Photosphere which was automatically setting the exposure, and thus, the difference in color.

John

···

Begin forwarded message:

Date: May 6, 2004 5:01:31 PM EDT
To: [email protected]
Subject: removing legend on falsecolor "error"

Hi all,

I am using the newly incorporated falsecolor option -lw to remove the legend from the falsecolor image all together. I need to do this because I'm generating many images at the same scale, so don't want to have to remove the scale and resize the image.

falsecolor \-i picture1\.pic \-lw 0 \-s 10 &gt; picture\_falsecolor1\.pic falsecolor -i picture2.pic -lw 0 -s 10 > picture_falsecolor2.pic

etc.

However, because I need a scale to compare my images against, I use falsecolor without the -lw option

The problem is, the color on the image with the legend is completely different from the color on the image without the legend.

John

Are you using the latest falsecolor.csh from the HEAD release? It seems to work as expected when I try it. With and without the -lw option, I get the same basic coloring.

-Greg

···

Date: May 6, 2004 2:01:31 PM PDT

Hi all,

falsecolor \-i picture1\.pic \-lw 0 \-s 10 &gt; picture\_falsecolor1\.pic falsecolor -i picture2.pic -lw 0 -s 10 > picture_falsecolor2.pic

etc.

John