Reference reflectances for office space surfaces?

Lars,

It won't be of much help to you probably, but EN 12464-1:2002 (paragraph
4.2) gives you a range of reflectances for interior surfaces:
— ceiling: 0,6 to 0,9
— walls: 0,3 to 0,8
— working planes: 0,2 to 0,6
— floor: 0,1 to 0,5

For similar lighting evaluations we normally use: ceiling 70%, walls 50% and
floor 10% or 20%.

Casper Esmeijer

I have seen the assumption of 80%, 50%, 20% neutral grey levels for
office spaces quite a lot, but I wonder if there is anything like a
standard for a "generic" office environment anywhere. Does anyone have a
link to a recommendation what to use when doing studies on an office
space whose surface properties are not known yet?

Thank you, Lars.

Sure, try the IESNA Lighting Handbook. Some of that information, I think, is also included in *Mechanical and Electrical Systems for Buildings*.

Randolph Fritz
   design machine group
   architecture department
   university of washington
[email protected]

···

On Dec 10, 2008, at 1:56 AM, Lars O. Grobe wrote:

I have seen the assumption of 80%, 50%, 20% neutral grey levels for office spaces quite a lot, but I wonder if there is anything like a standard for a "generic" office environment anywhere. Does anyone have a link to a recommendation what to use when doing studies on an office space whose surface properties are not known yet?

IESNA recommends 80% ceiling reflectance and 60% forwindow wall reflectances and 30-70% for windowless walls. see NRC C.O.P.E. research for further infohttp://irc.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/ie/cope/04-3-Lighting_Design_e.html#_Elementshope that helpssteve> Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:56:38 +0800> From: [email protected]> To: [email protected]> Subject: [Radiance-general] Reference reflectances for office space surfaces?> > I have seen the assumption of 80%, 50%, 20% neutral grey levels for > office spaces quite a lot, but I wonder if there is anything like a > standard for a "generic" office environment anywhere. Does anyone have a > link to a recommendation what to use when doing studies on an office > space whose surface properties are not known yet?> > Thank you, Lars.> > _______________________________________________> Radiance-general mailing list> [email protected]> http://www.radiance-online.org/mailman/listinfo/radiance-general

···