.raw file solar irradiance intensity

Dear Community

I would like to extract only radiometric information of the camera sensor .raw file.
Basically I want a matrix which exactly shows me the irradiance intensitity of every photocell/pixel.

The raw format is SRGGB12

The camerasensor (IMX477) is polychrom, but Iam not interessted in a [R,G,B] values for each matrix entry, I only want a raw Bayer Matrix (preteding its monochrome)

I have no experience with .raw files (304040962 = 24709120 which is the exact size of that image file.)

any advice is welcome
cheers

This probably belongs in the HDRI category, because it’s not really a Radiance-related question.

You should search for “dcraw.c” and see if the latest version of Dave Coffin’s RAW converter understands your particular format. If it does, there are options for decoding the Bayer pattern as linear bits with options “-D -6” I believe.

-Greg

P.S. Your download site seems untrustworthy.

thanks Greg, i even found a repository for raspberry pi cam. It hasn’t worked yet, but we’ll see.

Since you’re here, I’d like to ask you something else. Since I was working with the greatest dynamic range ever (sky images), there are always strongly under- and strongly over-exposed images in the exposure time series. How exactly do I deal with these images in a typical multi exposure fusion algorithm? I take about 15 pictures and let them merge automatically. depending on the time of day, different images are affected accordingly. Maybe some kind of weight function or what do you mean?

-Paul

PS:What information makes you think ufile is shady?

Capturing the sky is a whole field in itself, and papers have been written on the subject. I recommend looking here, here, and here for starters.

Also, I know @Andrew_McNeil1 and @Chris_Humann have created a sky capture system that is quite sophisticated, and I think they use a Raspberry pi as well (or used to). There are a number of tricks you can play, such as excluding the solar disk and circumsolar and replacing it with a sun whose radiance is approximated by the shortfall when compared to a paired global irradiance measurement.

Regarding ufile.io, the “high-speed download” requires the visitor to sign up, and the “low-speed” download recommends installing Flash Player, which was deprecated years ago. There are plenty of other red flags, mostly suspicious links and advertising. I would avoid them in the future.

Cheers,
-Greg

What are you using to share quit heavy files like .raw ones? I have no problems downloading low speed. Many thanks for providing useful hyperlinked recommendations.