Radiance Functionality with ruby in OS 0.9.4

Hi list,

maybe this is a silli question, but I did not find an answer for myself:

Is the radiance functionality based on the ruby script DaylightSim.rb (as described in "OpenStudio´s Radiance Functionality - Documentation" dated 08/07/2012) still available in 0.9.4? I mean available at the command line?

If yes, could anybody point me in the right direction? I would like to change the bsdf-data for the windows and run a further simulation. Is this possible from within OpenStudio?

Thank you very much for any hint.

Martin

Hi Martin,

There are no silly questions. OpenStudio is an evolving piece of beta-stage software, and both the code and the documentation are not always obvious (or functional!).

You are right, the DaylightSim.rb script is doing most of the work, and yes, it is still available to command prompt-savvy people. At the moment, we are re-writing that script to calculate all the model's simulation points at once, rather than one space at a time. This is now working for the "single phase" method that the app uses, but not 100% for the three phase method, which is what you want. I hope to have that all working by the end of this week, which means it should make its way into the next iteration release (0.9.5) which will come out next week. So stay tuned!

Rob Guglielmetti
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Commercial Buildings Research Group
15013 Denver West Parkway MS:RSF202
Golden, CO 80401
[email protected]

···

On 11/14/12 10:24 AM, "Martin Klingler" <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Hi list,

maybe this is a silli question, but I did not find an answer for myself:

Is the radiance functionality based on the ruby script DaylightSim.rb (as described in "OpenStudio´s Radiance Functionality - Documentation" dated 08/07/2012) still available in 0.9.4? I mean available at the command line?

If yes, could anybody point me in the right direction? I would like to change the bsdf-data for the windows and run a further simulation. Is this possible from within OpenStudio?

Thank you very much for any hint.

Martin