Questions about running iso2klems

Dear all,

I am very new to Radiance. I am trying to model roller shades with iso2klems (Original post about iso2klems), but encounter some errors. (bsdf2ttree works for me, and I have Radiance on Window.)

I tried both window cmd and perl with no luck. Any help/suggestion is appreciated! :slight_smile:

Best,
Sichen

Hi Sichen,

This seems to be a bug in iso2klems, which has not been tested properly on Windows. I have checked in a new version, which may fix the problem. You can download it from the CVS site.

Apologies,
-Greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The new version seems to work.

However, I am not sure where the xml is saved.

Many thanks,
Sichen

Like genBSDF, it should be sent to the standard output, which should be redirected, e.g.:

iso2klems mymeas.dat > mymeas.xml

Cheers,
-Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the response and efforts you and your colleagues put on Radiance applications.

The generated xml is empty. No hurry, I will just wait for a more stable window version. :slight_smile:

Best,
Sichen

It looks as though you are just copying the “Usage” information to the command line, rather than giving it an input file as it suggests. The words in brackets are optional. The brackets should never literally be given to the command. Your command should look more like the example I gave in my last reply.

Best,
-Greg

Dear Grey,

Thanks for the comments.

I converted the iso2klems.pl to iso2klem.exe, and tried to type the command you suggested (iso2klems). However, I still just received the “Usage” information.

C:\Users\lusic>iso2klems meas.dat>test.xml
Usage: iso2klems [-t][-f “x=string;y=string”][-u unit] [input.dat]

Best,
Sichen

My apologies – I am on vacation, and made a mistake in my last change. You might try downloading it again.

-Greg

Dear Greg,

Thank you for your response and answering so many of my questions. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

The newest version works on Window now. :slight_smile:

Many thanks,
Sichen