protate in MinGW Radiance and projections using pinterp

Hi Viswanathan,

Thanks to you, I realized that protate.c was missing the appropriate call to SET_FILE_BINARY() for Windows. I just checked in a fixed version, although this won't help you until someone compiles it for Windows.

Just to go with the Desktop Radiance version of that program if you still have it.

Best,
-Greg

···

Date: February 7, 2012 7:13:00 PM PST

Hello Radiance users,

I have two questions (unrelated to each other). It would be great if you can offer your insights.

Q1. I am trying to use MinGW version of Radiance in Windows (XP-vpc/7). Everything seems to work as expected but protate command. The command errors out with a "read error". This command seems to work fine and dumps out expected results when I use it from Desktop Radiance installation. Has anyone faced such issues with protate and is there a solution for MinGW installation? Or am I missing something?

Q2. I was wondering if I can use pinterp to translate an angular projection/fisheye image to a panorama. If yes, what should I watch out for and how can this be done? If not, why not?

Thanks,
Viswanathan

We will include this change in our NREL package offering, which is coming real soon now (RSN) [TM]. Pinky swear.

- Rob

···

On Feb 7, 2012, at 9:19 PM, Greg Ward wrote:

Hi Viswanathan,

Thanks to you, I realized that protate.c was missing the appropriate call to SET_FILE_BINARY() for Windows. I just checked in a fixed version, although this won't help you until someone compiles it for Windows.

Just to go with the Desktop Radiance version of that program if you still have it.

Best,
-Greg

Date: February 7, 2012 7:13:00 PM PST

Hello Radiance users,

I have two questions (unrelated to each other). It would be great if you can offer your insights.

Q1. I am trying to use MinGW version of Radiance in Windows (XP-vpc/7). Everything seems to work as expected but protate command. The command errors out with a "read error". This command seems to work fine and dumps out expected results when I use it from Desktop Radiance installation. Has anyone faced such issues with protate and is there a solution for MinGW installation? Or am I missing something?

Q2. I was wondering if I can use pinterp to translate an angular projection/fisheye image to a panorama. If yes, what should I watch out for and how can this be done? If not, why not?

Thanks,
Viswanathan

Check. Got that one now, too. Hope there aren't any others missing!

-Greg

···

Date: February 8, 2012 2:09:24 AM PST

Greg, Rob:

(Perhaps now my two questions are related in a way). I see that pinterp.c probably also requires a similar SET_FILE_BINARY() to work under Windows. I get a similar read error for this command as well with MinGW compiled binaries.

-Viswa