problem with falsecolor

hi,
i am facing a problem with falsecolor
whenever i give the command i get an error "System - Out of memory in makemap"

cna anybody tell whats the error for and the remedy

gurneet

Hi Gurneet,

Rob Shakespeare was also reporting this error with falsecolor. I'm beginning to suspect that there's either something wrong with the "ev" program on some compiled systems, or else there is another program by this name that comes before the Radiance one in people's execution paths. What do you get when you type the following command?

which psign ev

(Respond to me directly at <[email protected]> -- we'll post what we find out to the mailing list once it's sorted.)

-Greg

···

Date: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:54:42 AM US/Pacific

hi,
i am facing a problem with falsecolor
whenever i give the command i get an error "System - Out of memory in makemap"

cna anybody tell whats the error for and the remedy

gurneet

Hi All,

Gurneet and I figured out the problem with falsecolor. There was a declaration of errno in ev.c that has been deprecated, which was causing a run-time error with the following message on some systems:

Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno, h_errno or _res directly. Needs to be fixed

Tragically, this message was being spat to stdout rather than stderr, which then got passed to psign rather than being visible to the user. (Those whacky GNU compiler guys -- what a fun bunch they are!)

The solution is to take out the line "extern int errno;" from ray/src/cal/ev.c and run "rmake install" in the ray/src/cal directory. The source tree has been updated as well.

Sorry for the trouble!
-Greg