which I understand to mean that it believes I am using the program
improperly. The options which I have tried and found to not work are: -i,
-u, -I, -h, -n, -bv, -me, -ma, -e

I'm not sure if this was on purpose because of the interaction between
findglare and rtrace.

Thanks,
Kelly Moylan

Hi Kelly,

A perfectly valid question. Although findglare isn't much used these days, that's no excuse for not having it work properly!

The -n, -u, -bv, and -m* options were added after findglare was created, and I apparently forgot to go back and add them. The other options (-I, -i, -h, and -e) are unsupported because they are not really appropriate for findglare.

I have gone ahead and added in the missing options mentioned above and checked the changes into CVS.

Thanks for pointing out this oversight!

Best,
-Greg

ยทยทยท

Subject: [Radiance-dev] Possible bug in findglare?
Date: July 29, 2014 12:10:31 PM PDT

I've been trying to use findglare using only an octree file, which as I can understand from the docs requires the proper use of rtrace options in the command. The problem I've run into is that some of the rtrace options the findglare program will not take. My terminal is return the following line:

Usage: findglare [view options][-ga angles][-p picture][[rtrace options] octree]

which I understand to mean that it believes I am using the program improperly. The options which I have tried and found to not work are: -i, -u, -I, -h, -n, -bv, -me, -ma, -e

I'm not sure if this was on purpose because of the interaction between findglare and rtrace.

Thanks,
Kelly Moylan