pmap errors

Hi,

yes I know that the 3.7p2-pmap extension and all that is rather old now, still it is the most recent release officially available. So I try to use it, and since today mkpmap drives me crazy with "consistency - unexpected object call for polygon ..."-messages.

I have a rather complex model here, and this may be some memory problem. I have tried commenting out the geometry given in the error message, but that led me only to the next error message with some other surface. If I reduce the number of photons to be distributed to a very low value (such as 10) I get along with it, but that renders the whole idea useless.

Are there any known memory problems or any kind of overflows in the pmap code?

Cheers, Lars.

Hi!

yes I know that the 3.7p2-pmap extension and all that is rather old now, still it is the most recent release officially available. So I try to use it, and since today mkpmap drives me crazy with "consistency - unexpected object call for polygon ..."-messages.

So I somehow managed to get rid of these by disabling a ring-geometry which had been used as a photon port. All this still looks strange to me, but it finally works... :wink:

Cheers, Lars.