out of memory in doambient

out of memory in doambient - I get this error in the command line, but my simulation goes on... Should I stop it or still it will deliver useful results?

Kind regards

Francisco Rodríguez

Memory errors cause the program to terminate, so you shouldn't get any output.

How you managed to run out of memory at this point in the code is a little puzzling... What options are you using?

-Greg

···

From: "Rodriguez Pérez-Curiel, Francisco" <[email protected]>
Date: August 24, 2011 9:32:00 AM PDT

out of memory in doambient - I get this error in the command line, but my simulation goes on… Should I stop it or still it will deliver useful results?

Kind regards

Francisco Rodríguez

Hi Greg, it is weird, rtrace is not terminated, the command line window is still there (calculating direct daylight coefficients); my processor is still loaded; it has been running for some hours now...
Standard daysim startup settings with ab reduced to 3 for a faster test, on a large, open plan with lightwells building model created in Sketchup and exported through su2ds. Using default materials (including trans) for now.
It could be an overly complex model... I'll try to skip some detail where possible.

Suggestions accepted :slight_smile:

fran

···

De: Greg Ward [mailto:[email protected]]
Enviado el: miércoles, 24 de agosto de 2011 19:21
Para: Radiance general discussion
Asunto: Re: [Radiance-general] out of memory in doambient

Memory errors cause the program to terminate, so you shouldn't get any output.

How you managed to run out of memory at this point in the code is a little puzzling... What options are you using?

-Greg

From: "Rodriguez Pérez-Curiel, Francisco" <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>

Date: August 24, 2011 9:32:00 AM PDT

out of memory in doambient - I get this error in the command line, but my simulation goes on... Should I stop it or still it will deliver useful results?

Kind regards

Francisco Rodríguez