OSX ra_tiff "-spec" option

Hello,
I've noticed that the "-spec" option for ra_tiff is not supported in the OSX binaries. As I've been having problems compiling the head to get the newest version of "ra_tiff," I was hoping someone might be able to email me the program file? Thanks!
email: chris at coolshadow dot calm

~Chris H

Huh? What's the "-spec" option supposed to do? I don't think it's one of mine.

-Greg

···

Date: May 10, 2007 3:16:03 PM PDT

Hello,
I've noticed that the "-spec" option for ra_tiff is not supported in the OSX binaries. As I've been having problems compiling the head to get the newest version of "ra_tiff," I was hoping someone might be able to email me the program file? Thanks!

~Chris H

Hi Greg,

Sorry, seems in trying to catch up with work, I'm writing emails in haste. I meant to refer to the falsecolor option for using the original color scale. In the other distributions I've used it was the "-spec" option.

Thanks.

~Chris

Gregory J. Ward wrote:

···

-Greg

Date: May 10, 2007 3:16:03 PM PDT

Hello,

~Chris H

OK, duh. I should have realized. Just go to the first "switch" statement in the falsecolor script. (It's a text file, so you can edit it.) Add the following to the list of cases:

case -spec:
                 set redv='1.6*v-.6'
                 set grnv='if(v-.375,1.6-1.6*v,8/3*v)'
                 set bluv='1-8/3*v'
                 breaksw

You can stick it in anywhere before the "default:" case.

-Greg

···

Date: May 10, 2007 5:03:40 PM PDT

Hi Greg,

Sorry, seems in trying to catch up with work, I'm writing emails in haste. I meant to refer to the falsecolor option for using the original color scale. In the other distributions I've used it was the "-spec" option.
Thanks.

~Chris

Gregory J. Ward wrote:

-Greg