Off-topic: PLEASE VOTE!!

I'm not going to tell you just how to vote, but if you are registered in the States, please don't forget to visit the polls on Tuesday, assuming you haven't already cast your ballot. I think most of the people on this list are not so lucky as to live in the god-blessed U.S. of A., the greatest country on the planet (soon to be the only country on the planet). I feel really sorry for you. All you bystanders can do is fret, but there is a website if you're interested in sharing your discounted opinion with others:

http://www.betavote.com

To my fellow Americans, proud and reluctant alike, this is probably the most important presidential election of our time, and given how close the race is, yours could be the vote that decides the outcome (especially if you happen to sit on the Supreme Court).

If you are "on the fence" and wish to discuss it, I'm happy to talk. If you just want to know my opinion from curiosity, I'll give you a hint: the environment is my #1 issue. If you can figure out how to run rpict, you should be able to figure this one out.

Proud to be a Californian,
-Greg

Hi,

just had a look at that betavote-site. Is there a reason why the pic of Bush looks absolutely sharp while that Kerry is obviously a bit blurred, or is it just pure accident :-)..

BTW, a recent poll here in Germany gave 73% for Kerry and 17% for Bush, a bit differing from the betavote numbers. The funny thing is, that so many people who aren't interested in their own countries politics, and who probably haven't gone to vote locally since years, now want to participate.. .

BTW #2 for me, the question of Bush or Kerry is still a bit boring, but if one day Arnold Schwarzenegger runs for president, I wanna vote, too !!!

-cb

Greg Ward wrote:

I think most of the people on
this list are not so lucky as to live in the god-blessed U.S. of A., the greatest country on the planet (soon to be the only country on the planet). I feel really sorry for you. All you bystanders can do is fret.

As I walked to work this morning I passed a huge dump truck belonging to
a demolition company that was parked in front of a construction site.
Painted on the grille were the words "Shock 'n Awe!". Hmmm...

Yesterday on the road I passed a car with a sticker on the rear
windshield depicting an American flag and the words "Fear This".

I'm fretting, and I *live* here. It seems that many of my fellow
citizens think life is a football (*not* "soccer") game, or a gang
fight. They haven't evolved past high school gym class, they can't
pronounce "nuclear", and ironically enough, can't use the word
"hegemony" in a sentence.

I agree Greg. If you're one of the blessed ones, get out there tomorrow
and try to make a difference:

http://www.rumblestrip.org/weblog/214/youd-better-think

-Rob G.

Greg Ward wrote:

I'm not going to tell you just how to vote, but if you are registered in the States, please don't forget to visit the polls on Tuesday, assuming you haven't already cast your ballot. I think most of the people on this list are not so lucky as to live in the god-blessed U.S. of A., the greatest country on the planet (soon to be the only country on the planet). I feel really sorry for you. All you bystanders can do is fret, but there is a website if you're interested in sharing your discounted opinion with others:

http://www.betavote.com

To my fellow Americans, proud and reluctant alike, this is probably the most important presidential election of our time, and given how close the race is, yours could be the vote that decides the outcome (especially if you happen to sit on the Supreme Court).

If you are "on the fence" and wish to discuss it, I'm happy to talk. If you just want to know my opinion from curiosity, I'll give you a hint: the environment is my #1 issue. If you can figure out how to run rpict, you should be able to figure this one out.

Proud to be a Californian,
-Greg

I don't know much about Kerry and what he may do in future, but with the deep inside feeling that Bush and his administration
is most dangerous to everyone on this planet, i hope most voters share your opinion and that no court can stop counting those
opinions this time.

(but i still have problems with rpict)

Regards,
Wolfgang

Hi,

To everybody who leaves in EUA, I really wish you the best for today. I wish you to have a president who will really represent you, and wont be the expresion of a minority.

Good luck.
genevieve lucet