Numeric output composited with picture

Hi,

Based on all the previous mail regarding numeric output I have been able to generate files containing the location, and illuminance values, throughout a daylit space. Now I would like to be able to take data and place the output onto a *.pic of the same area in the grid they were taken. If the readings were taken on 4' centers, I would like to feed the data back into Radiance to produce a picture containing those values at their actual locations in a grid.

Some ideas:

1. Pipe the output from lam contining x/y/val into psign and pcompos to produce the composited image. With this idea, the grid dimensions would have to be a known pixel spacing. I'm also not sure if pcompos will allow for the translating of the input.
2. Pipe the output into a new rad file as brightext and use the x/y to locate in the scene, the value to act as input into the text field, and excluding the mat from the calculation.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Of course if anyone has already done this...

One last note, short of rewriting my shell script in perl, is there a way to round the rcalc output to two decimal points?

Thanks,

Robert Westling
steinerwestling

Simply use this:

rcalc -e '$1=floor($1*100+.5)/100;'

ยทยทยท

At 27.06.2002 04:02, Robert wrote:

One last note, short of rewriting my shell script in perl, is there a way to round the rcalc output to two decimal points?