Masking perimeter corners of fisheye image with black

Dear list,

I've been using the following pcomb routine to fill in the perimeter corners of a square, 1200x1200 fisheye image with black to cover up the light spill inside the lens body and around the perimeter of the lens element:

pcomb -e 's(x):x*x;m=if(xmax*ymax/4-s(x-xmax/2)-s(y-ymax/2),1,0);ro=m*ri(1);go=m*gi(1);bo=m*bi(1)' input.hdr > output.hdr

In order to maintain the absolute pixel values, which are much lower in the resultant 'output.hdr', would I need to use 'ra_xyze' piped into pcomb? I've tried various iterations but keep getting "illegal output resolution."

As always thanks!

Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Would adding a "-o" option to your pcomb command (original values) solve your problem?

-Greg

···

Date: October 4, 2013 12:11:36 PM PDT

Dear list,

I've been using the following pcomb routine to fill in the perimeter corners of a square, 1200x1200 fisheye image with black to cover up the light spill inside the lens body and around the perimeter of the lens element:

pcomb -e 's(x):x*x;m=if(xmax*ymax/4-s(x-xmax/2)-s(y-ymax/2),1,0);ro=m*ri(1);go=m*gi(1);bo=m*bi(1)' input.hdr > output.hdr

In order to maintain the absolute pixel values, which are much lower in the resultant 'output.hdr', would I need to use 'ra_xyze' piped into pcomb? I've tried various iterations but keep getting "illegal output resolution."

As always thanks!

Chris