macbethcal eror message

Dear Group

I am in the process of trying to use macbethcal. I try to use it for an image map that I have. I do the following:

macbethcal -d debug.pic woodfloor3.pic woodfloor3.cal

As a result, I receive the following error message:

macbethcal: too few colors to match!

Can any explain this error message to me? Also, I would like to know why it is advantageous to use this program for images I have converted from file formats.

Regards,

Marcus D. Jacobs

···

Hi Marcus,

You need to read the man page for macbethcal more carefully, I think. Input to it is a scan or capture of a Macbeth chart. If you don't have a Macbeth chart, then you cannot use this program. Macbeth ColorChecker charts are available from most high-end photography supply stores.

The advantage to using macbethcal is that it can improve the color and reflectance accuracy of your scanned textures.

-Greg

···

Date: July 23, 2004 3:40:06 PM PDT

Dear Group

I am in the process of trying to use macbethcal. I try to use it for an image map that I have. I do the following:

macbethcal -d debug.pic woodfloor3.pic woodfloor3.cal

As a result, I receive the following error message:

macbethcal: too few colors to match!

Can any explain this error message to me? Also, I would like to know why it is advantageous to use this program for images I have converted from file formats.

Regards,

Marcus D. Jacobs