/lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by ./rfluxmtx)

Dear all,

While I was trying to run rfluxmtx and other modules, I encounter the error /lib64/libm.so.6: version GLIBC_2.29’ not found (required by ./rfluxmtx)`…

I am wondering if I missed anything?

Thanks

Sounds like you are running into a missing runtime library (dynamically linked binary). Which version of Radiance are you running, how was it installed, and what is your operating system?

We tend to link binaries dynamically to avoid oversized distributions, but this comes with hazards, such as the one your running into.

Dear @Greg_Ward ,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I think I found the issue.

So I was using the most recent version of the library (5.2). I pre-compiled the source code on my ubuntu machine and tested fine. Then I transferred the compiled library to CentOS cluster then encountered the issue. Then I recomplied the source code again on the cluster and it seems that everything is working fine now.

I guess the issue was the dynamically linked binary. What’s your thought on that?

Thanks

Yes, I don’t doubt the version of gcc on your ubuntu system and the cluster aren’t compatible, and your solution should work fine.