incomlete Daysim visualization\daysim\lib

Hello,
  I am experiencing a consistent error message that I could not overcome. After the attempt to run simulation in Daysim 3.1 there`s the error message: c:/daysim/bin_windows/oconv: warning-zero area for polygon "zone01.rad00013"
  Further on it draws the problem to "raypath c:\daysim\lib`. stil I haveve added the Radiance\bin\. and Daysim\bin\. and Radiance\lib\., Daysim\lib\. to the environmental variables in Raypath and Path manually(working on Windows7)
  I am analysing orbitrory sensor points that Ive generated with a script from ecotect(zero polygon area I suppose describes that)
  How do you read such message to proceed completing a visualization?
  Kind Regards, Niya

Hi Niya,

this is a warning and no error! This can't be a cause for a problem - except this is your only surface in your scene, because it has no area!!!
There must be another problem.

Are you sure daysim is the right tool? daysim is not meant to make visualizations, but annual simulations to calculate illuminance/luminance/irradiance at certain sensor points! I would rather use rpict or rvu with -av option to "visualize points". have you tried this? Is this what you want to do?
For linux/bash I have a small script generating a geometry out of sensor points for a visual check, if the points are correctly located. But I haven't ported that to windows.

good luck!
jan

···

Am 10/7/14, 12:08 PM, schrieb Todor Syarov:

Hello,
I am experiencing a consistent error message that I could not overcome.
After the attempt to run simulation in Daysim 3.1
there`s the error message:
c:/daysim/bin_windows/oconv: warning-zero area for polygon "zone01.rad00013"

Further on it draws the problem to "raypath c:\daysim\lib`.
stil I haveve added the Radiance\bin\. and Daysim\bin\. and Radiance\lib\., Daysim\lib\. to the environmental variables in Raypath and Path manually(working on Windows7)

I am analysing orbitrory sensor points that Ive generated with a script from ecotect(zero polygon area I suppose describes that)

How do you read such message to proceed completing a visualization?

Kind Regards,
Niya

--
Dr.-Ing. Jan Wienold
Ecole Polytechnique F�d�rale de Lausanne (EPFL)
EPFL ENAC IA LIPID

http://people.epfl.ch/jan.wienold
LE 1 113 (Office)
Phone +41 21 69 38041