HEAD files missing / was: Re: [Radiance-general] rholo restart stalls with "bad magic number"

Greg Ward wrote:

P.S. For some reason, the source auxiliary files are not included in the HEAD distribution. The following files are missing:

ray/src/common/tmesh.cal
ray/src/cv/lamp.tab
ray/src/cv/source.cal
ray/src/cv/tilt.cal
ray/src/gen/clockface.hex
ray/src/gen/glaze1.cal
ray/src/gen/glaze2.cal
ray/src/gen/illum.cal
ray/src/gen/rev.cal
ray/src/gen/skybright.cal
ray/src/gen/surf.cal
ray/src/rt/rayinit.cal

Please add them, as makeall depends on them for proper operation.

apian@www $ tar vtfz /www/www.radiance-online.org/htdocs/software/snapshots/radiance-HEAD.tgz ray/src/gen/clockface.hex
-r--r--r-- apian/cvs 47088 1995-05-25 18:32:35 ray/src/gen/clockface.hex

apian@www $ tar vtfz /www/www.radiance-online.org/htdocs/software/snapshots/radiance-HEAD.tgz ray/src/gen/skybright.cal
-r--r--r-- apian/cvs 1100 2003-02-22 03:07:24 ray/src/gen/skybright.cal

These are the files generated nightly since January 2003 and distributed by the webserver.
So what's the problem ? Am I missing some vital point here ?

-Peter

···

--
pab-opto, Freiburg, Germany, www.pab-opto.de

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry. I misinterpreted events. When I uploaded and unpacked the distribution on radiance-online.org, these files were somehow missing, or so I thought. I just went through what I did again, and discovered what went wrong. You see, I neglected to add the supplementary files on top of the distribution after unpacking it and before running makeall, which attempted to install files in ray/lib without first creating the directory. (It was always there before.) When it hit the following point in the build:

cd /home/greg/ray/lib ; rm -f tmesh.cal
/bin/sh: line 1: cd: /home/greg/ray/lib: No such file or directory
cp tmesh.cal /home/greg/ray/lib
cp: cannot stat `tmesh.cal': No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1

It wasn't able to change to the library directory, then inappropriately removed tmesh.cal. So, when I went to look at it later, I was too hasty in deciding that it was never there to begin with.

I will modify the installib script to create the ray/lib directory if it doesn't already exist, and this will fix the problem for others who make the same mistake.

Sorry for the false alarm.
-Greg

···

Date: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:22:49 PM US/Pacific

Greg Ward wrote:

P.S. For some reason, the source auxiliary files are not included in the HEAD distribution. The following files are missing:

ray/src/common/tmesh.cal
ray/src/cv/lamp.tab
ray/src/cv/source.cal
ray/src/cv/tilt.cal
ray/src/gen/clockface.hex
ray/src/gen/glaze1.cal
ray/src/gen/glaze2.cal
ray/src/gen/illum.cal
ray/src/gen/rev.cal
ray/src/gen/skybright.cal
ray/src/gen/surf.cal
ray/src/rt/rayinit.cal

Please add them, as makeall depends on them for proper operation.

apian@www $ tar vtfz /www/www.radiance-online.org/htdocs/software/snapshots/radiance-HEAD.tgz ray/src/gen/clockface.hex
-r--r--r-- apian/cvs 47088 1995-05-25 18:32:35 ray/src/gen/clockface.hex

apian@www $ tar vtfz /www/www.radiance-online.org/htdocs/software/snapshots/radiance-HEAD.tgz ray/src/gen/skybright.cal
-r--r--r-- apian/cvs 1100 2003-02-22 03:07:24 ray/src/gen/skybright.cal

These are the files generated nightly since January 2003 and distributed by the webserver.
So what's the problem ? Am I missing some vital point here ?

-Peter