genBSDF warning

I've been getting this message pretty consistently from genBSDF:

C:\Users\nljones\AppData\Local\Temp\genBSDF.W4NzW5\phase.txt - The process
cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

The path string will change for each run, but it is always the phase.txt
file. As far as I can tell, genBSDF still works. The output looks
reasonable, anyways. Can someone confirm that the warning is benign or
suggest a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Nathaniel

Hi Nathaniel,

This sounds like an issue with the Windows Perl interpreter you are using. This bit of code is unusual, but I copied off the net as a way to unbuffer an output file:

# Open unbuffered progress file
open(MYPH, ">> $td/phase.txt");
{
  my $ofh = select MYPH;
  $| = 1;
  select $ofh;
}

It may be causing this issue on your system, but I've no idea why. Without the phase.txt file working, you won't be able to recover from a dead process, but you should be OK, otherwise. I could change my code to open the file each time it is needed, which should behave more normally (I think).

Does anyone have any insights about the above syntax or why it might not be working under Windows?

Cheers,
-Greg

···

Subject: [Radiance-dev] genBSDF warning
Date: January 31, 2017 12:41:51 PM PST
To: code development <[email protected]>
Reply-To: code development <[email protected]>

I've been getting this message pretty consistently from genBSDF:

C:\Users\nljones\AppData\Local\Temp\genBSDF.W4NzW5\phase.txt - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

The path string will change for each run, but it is always the phase.txt file. As far as I can tell, genBSDF still works. The output looks reasonable, anyways. Can someone confirm that the warning is benign or suggest a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Nathaniel

i get same issue if I’m using the perl and radiance that is shipped with openstudio 2.4.0.

@Nathaniel_Jones did you find a fix to it ?