GenBSDF rcontrib options

What rcontrib options do I have to specify when running genBSDF? Are there defaults for binning, data formats and so on? Or do I need to specify them as well as the rpict options?

···

--
Randolph M. Fritz • [email protected]
Environmental Energy Technologies Division • Lawrence Berkeley Labs

Hi Randolph,

I'm not sure I understand your question, but normally, genBSDF sets all the rcontrib options for you. The current defaults are "-ab 5 -ad 700 -lw 3e-6". If you have specific ray sampling options you want to use in addition or as overrides, you can use the genBSDF -r option, e.g.:

genBSDF -r "other rendering options" ...

Be sure to use quotes, so genBSDF gets it as one argument.

Hope this helps.
-Greg

···

Date: October 1, 2012 12:53:35 PM PDT

What rcontrib options do I have to specify when running genBSDF? Are there defaults for binning, data formats and so on? Or do I need to specify them as well as the rpict options?

--

Great, thanks! I'll use the defaults as a starting point, then.

Randolph

···

On 2012-10-01 20:42:22 +0000, Greg Ward said:

Hi Randolph,

I'm not sure I understand your question, but normally, genBSDF sets all the rcontrib options for you. The current defaults are "-ab 5 -ad 700 -lw 3e-6". If you have specific ray sampling options you want to use in addition or as overrides, you can use the genBSDF -r option, e.g.:

genBSDF -r "other rendering options" ...

Be sure to use quotes, so genBSDF gets it as one argument.

Hope this helps.
-Greg

Date: October 1, 2012 12:53:35 PM PDT

--

--