Error with rcontrib command when applying reinhart.cal

Dear all,
I tried to work with rcontrib together with reinhart.cal in windows 7. When I run it in windows, it gave me 508 HDR files and only 1 kilobyte. I do appreciate if anyone can explain me what is wrong with it?
Here is the command:
vwrays -ff -x 1024 -y 1024 -vf ViewFile.vf | rcontrib -ffc -x 1024 -y 591 @test_sky.opt -e MF:2 -f reinhart.cal -b rbin -bn Nrbins -o c_%04d.hdr -m sky_glow test.oct
Best regards,Majid

Hi Majid,

Normally, it's not a good idea to use the -ff option under Windows, even in a piped command, but I don't think that is the source of your problem in this case. Did you double-check that your actual image size is 1024x591 by running vwrays with the -d option?

Since it stopped after 508 files when there should be 578, I suspect there is a limit under your version of Windows (or MINGW -- whatever environment you are using) to 512 simultaneously open files. I bet if you use MF:1 it would work.

Best,
-Greg

ยทยทยท

Subject: [Radiance-general] Error with rcontrib command when applying reinhart.cal
Date: July 9, 2015 8:30:26 AM PDT

Dear all,

I tried to work with rcontrib together with reinhart.cal in windows 7. When I run it in windows, it gave me 508 HDR files and only 1 kilobyte. I do appreciate if anyone can explain me what is wrong with it?

Here is the command:

vwrays -ff -x 1024 -y 1024 -vf ViewFile.vf | rcontrib -ffc -x 1024 -y 591 @test_sky.opt -e MF:2 -f reinhart.cal -b rbin -bn Nrbins -o c_%04d.hdr -m sky_glow test.oct

Best regards,
Majid