snewshdr.hdr
C:\Users\Student\Downloads\EVALGLARE>evalglare snewshdr.hdr
error: no valid view specified
C:\Users\Student\Downloads\EVALGLARE>evalglare -d snewshdr.hdr

Please help me.
Nithya Merin

Hi,

as you showed in your email, there was no view information in the image in the beginning (see getinfo output). Scaling the image down will not magically create that missing information.

If you know the vertical and horizontal view angles, you can add them to the image header. Radiance comes with a tool "vinfo", which allows you to edit the image header in the editor "vi". An example view line taken from an image I happen to have here is:

VIEW= -vtv -vp 0.412249 3.5 1.5 -vd 0.39426 -0.911112 -0.2 -vu 0 0 1 -vh 75 -vv 75 -vo 0 -va 0 -vs 0 -vl 0

So the syntax is what you know from writing view files. Of course, you must KNOW (not guess, copy, assume) the information on the view when manually editing it, otherwise this will result in entirely random results when you do glare evaluation using it.

Cheers, Lars.

···

Hi,
I have resized an image, i am not able to get the details of the hdr image and the lighting and glare values.Some of the commands are shown below:

C:\Users\Student\Downloads\EVALGLARE>getinfo -d newshdr.hdr
newshdr.hdr: -Y 1632 +X 2464
C:\Users\Student\Downloads\EVALGLARE>pfilt -x /3 -y /3 newshdr.hdr > snewshdr.hdr

Please help me.
Nithya Merin

Hello Nithya,

Just to add to this, you can specify the view inline with the evalglare command using the latest 1.11 version,

-vtt -vv vertangle -vh horzangle

or by referencing a viewfile,

-vf viewfile

If you are using a 180 degree fisheye lens for your image capture, your command might look like,

evalglare -vta -vv 180 -vh 180 snewshdr.hdr

Best,
Alstan

···

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 07:48:28 -0500, Lars O. Grobe <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

as you showed in your email, there was no view information in the image in the beginning (see getinfo output). Scaling the image down will not >magically create that missing information.

If you know the vertical and horizontal view angles, you can add them to the image header. Radiance comes with a tool "vinfo", which allows you to >edit the image header in the editor "vi". An example view line taken from an image I happen to have here is:

VIEW= -vtv -vp 0.412249 3.5 1.5 -vd 0.39426 -0.911112 -0.2 -vu 0 0 1 -vh 75 -vv 75 -vo 0 -va 0 -vs 0 -vl 0

So the syntax is what you know from writing view files. Of course, you must KNOW (not guess, copy, assume) the information on the view when >manually editing it, otherwise this will result in entirely random results when you do glare evaluation using it.

Cheers, Lars.

Hi,
I have resized an image, i am not able to get the details of the hdr image and the lighting and glare values.Some of the commands are >>shown below:

C:\Users\Student\Downloads\EVALGLARE>pfilt -x /3 -y /3 newshdr.hdr > snewshdr.hdr

Please help me.

Nithya Merin

Hi Nithya,

This belongs in the non-existent FAQ. Did you run a search on evalglare in the mailing list?

The "getinfo -d" command only reports the dimensions, not the view. If you run getinfo without the -d, you should see a line of the form:

VIEW= [various -v options]

If you don't, then that is your problem with evalglare. Where did the picture originate?

Best,
-Greg

···

Date: February 21, 2014 11:54:54 AM GMT+01:00

Hi,
I have resized an image, i am not able to get the details of the hdr image and the lighting and glare values.Some of the commands are shown below:

Please help me.
Nithya Merin