Edit: call for community Radiance gallery images! (was: Updated Radiance gallery)

I was wondering if there were any efforts to modernise the radiance website (I never did quite understand the difference between radiance-online and radsite) and perhaps provide a gallery of community work? I would love to see what others are creating, but the examples I see are from 1994 :slight_smile:

Hmmm, yes. The “new” website, radiance-online.org, was established by Peter Apian-Bennewitz sometime around the beginning of the millennium if I remember right. Radsite dates from the early '90s. Although I have never managed it myself, it is supposedly possible for users who sign up to modify radiance-online via the Plone interface. It would be nice to have a place to link user works, or to add to what’s there already.

I’ve tried to sign up, but cannot find a registration link. I’ve sent a contact message asking about this, but no reply after a few days. Is there a way to get in contact with Peter?

You should not bother Peter about it; he handed the site over to LBNL over 15 years ago… The person to ask is Dan Fuller [email protected].

Thanks Greg! I have now successfully registered an account after emailing Dan.

This is just a general call for content / interest for those who want to share their creations online. I think it would be good to have a gallery section which has some pictures, and maybe a blurb describing the project. I know there is exceptionally great work out there! For example just the other day I came across Mark Stock’s (@Mark_Stock) Radiance artwork and it is absolutely amazing.

If you’d like to share something, please post here and hopefully if we get a collection together and we’re all happy I would like to update the Radiance site to include a gallery. I guess just like the old gallery, all copyright continues to belong to you :slight_smile:

At this point, radiance-online.org and radsite have been merged. Not a whole lot of maintenance going on, however.