Daysim not working

Hi all,

I have tried installing Daysim 4.0 version but when I select the export
option for Daysim analysis in Ecotect - a window flashes and disappears
instantly. I have tried downloading the lower version 3.1 which comes along
with a flash plugin in daysim website. This neither works and while
installing it asks for a second disk as unable to locate the correct
pathway. I am unclear what that supposed to be.

Anyone using Daysim latest versions please help me. I appreciate quick
response.

Kind regards,
Varma
Research Associate

Hello Varma,

If you install Daysim 4.0 and the new DAYSIMps tool addition, you can open the Java-based interface with the command,

java -jar c:\DAYSIM\bin\DAYSIMps.jar

I wouldn't recommend trying to use the woefully outdated version 3.1 installer personally.

As for the Ecotect problems, Ecotect should be compatible with Daysim 4.0 as the header file format is largely unchanged and should be backwards compatible. I would recommend to see if you can find the location of Ecotect's Daysim batch file and appending "PAUSE" to the end of it in order to see the error message. We might be able to help more seeing that output.

Sadly it does sound like an Ecotect issue interfacing with Daysim. Perhaps Autodesk's support could also be helpful in this situation?

Best regards,
Alstan

ยทยทยท

On Wed, 02 Jul 2014 12:03:29 -0400, hara kumar varma namburu <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi all,

I have tried installing Daysim 4.0 version but when I select the export option for Daysim analysis in Ecotect - a window flashes and disappears instantly. I have tried downloading >the lower version 3.1 which comes along with a flash plugin in daysim website. This neither works and while installing it asks for a second disk as unable to locate the correct >pathway. I am unclear what that supposed to be.

Anyone using Daysim latest versions please help me. I appreciate quick response.

Kind regards,
Varma
Research Associate