Compiling RADIANCE under Cygwin with no X11 support

Hi,

I wish to compile the HEAD version of RADIANCE under Cygwin. To save disk space (I have a solid state disk) I have opted not to install X11 for Cygwin, since I will not need ximage or any other X related feature.

I am going through the noX11.help file and applying the "fixes". Ran into problems (the noX11.help is not quite up to date with the actual line numbers of the Rmakefiles etc. but I can abstract from that) ... concerning the fix I need to apply to src/rt/devtable.c

I need to make minor modifications to the code, but I do know what to write instead of "x11" when I do not have a Sun nor an SGI machine.

Best
Claus

This post really belongs on the developer's list, so I'm cross-posting. Please subscribe to that if you haven't already and respond there.

You should not compile rvu if you have no output device to use with it. You can take it out of the dependencies in the src/rt/Rmakefile, and avoid the problem that way.

Cheers,
-Greg

···

Date: May 10, 2011 1:13:29 PM PDT

Hi,

I wish to compile the HEAD version of RADIANCE under Cygwin. To save disk space (I have a solid state disk) I have opted not to install X11 for Cygwin, since I will not need ximage or any other X related feature.

I am going through the noX11.help file and applying the “fixes”. Ran into problems (the noX11.help is not quite up to date with the actual line numbers of the Rmakefiles etc. but I can abstract from that) … concerning the fix I need to apply to src/rt/devtable.c

I need to make minor modifications to the code, but I do know what to write instead of “x11” when I do not have a Sun nor an SGI machine.

Best

Claus