Can I safely convert linefeeds in cal files to line-returns for an easy life in DOS

Hello Radiance gurus and other folks.

Asking from a standpoint of ignorance in Radiance/UNIX, will it do any harm if I convert all the supplied .cal files to DOS-readable files, by stripping out what I presume are the bare line-feeds � a UNIX trademark I presume - and substituting DOS return characters, so they don�t cause unreadable/invisible characters and line overflows in my DOS/Windows word-processing apps?

As it happens, I am forced to use the command line in a DOS box in a Window$ environment to run the Radiance bin/programs. I got these by installing DeskRad. Thanks to obligatory corporate hardware/software upgrades I lost AutoCrap2000 forever, so I can't use DeskRad itself. Undaunted I am hoping to learn to use Radiance directly in the DOS-box, hands-on from scratch.

Your humble novice in trepidation

George Chadwick

···

---------------------------------
ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!

Hi George,

This should cause no problems -- the .cal interpreter ignores "white space" including carriage returns and linefeeds, except as word separators.

-Greg

Date: October 20, 2004 9:49:34 AM PDT

Hello Radiance gurus and other folks.

Asking from a standpoint of ignorance in Radiance/UNIX, will it do any harm if I convert all the supplied .cal files to DOS-readable files, by stripping out what I presume are the bare line-feeds – a UNIX trademark I presume - and substituting DOS return characters, so they don’t cause unreadable/invisible characters and line overflows in my DOS/Windows word-processing apps?

As it happens, I am forced to use the command line in a DOS box in a Window$ environment to run the Radiance bin/programs. I got these by installing DeskRad. Thanks to obligatory corporate hardware/software upgrades I lost AutoCrap2000 forever, so I can't use DeskRad itself. Undaunted I am hoping to learn to use Radiance directly in the DOS-box, hands-on from scratch.

Your humble novice in trepidation

George Chadwick