BWAVE.CAL

Dear Group

Lately, I have been attempting to simulate the bumpiness of a carpet texture. While seaching on the web, I ran across a site that listed a cal file called bwave.cal with the following description:

"this file creates the waves of the pinboard and carpet "

Does anyone have a copy of this file. Also, does anyone have any cal files that can simulate the subtle bumpiness of carpet. I may try experimenting with weave .cal to see if I can achieve good results.

Regards

Marcus D. Jacobs

···

This file is part of the conference room model. It consists of two sine wave functions (horizontal and vertical) multiplied together with some fractal noise thrown in. If you have a scan of a carpet, you can use it in a colorpict with tile_u and tile_v coordinates from picture.cal. I would apply some noise to the coordinate positions and the rgb values to avoid a repetitive appearance. See shake.cal in the ray/obj/cabin directory as an example.

-Greg

{
  this file creates the waves of the pinboard and carpet
}
bwave=1-.5*( fnoise3(Px*4,Py*4,Pz*4)/2 +1 ) * ( sin(Px*2*PI)/3 + 2/3 )*
    ( sin(Py*2*PI)/3 +2/3 );

···

Dear Group

Lately, I have been attempting to simulate the bumpiness of a carpet texture. While seaching on the web, I ran across a site that listed a cal file called bwave.cal with the following description:

"this file creates the waves of the pinboard and carpet "

Does anyone have a copy of this file. Also, does anyone have any cal files that can simulate the subtle bumpiness of carpet. I may try experimenting with weave .cal to see if I can achieve good results.

Regards

Marcus D. Jacobs