Broken links - floyd.lbl.gov

Dear community,

As a novice user of Radiance, I rely heavily on all the reference material available and am (or was) an avid user of the “whatis database” as it prevents me from having to search through a stack of PDFs.

As of a few weeks ago, this page (and actually all links which redirect to the floyd.lbl.gov domain) are showing certificate errors entry is blocked giving a privacy error. As mentioned its not just the whatis database, but everything which is forwarded to this address (which means quite a lot of the reference material on radiance-online).

Anybody else experience the same thing? and/or is there a fix, alternate place to find all these helpful tools?

Hi Adrie,

I was able to get through by adding a security exception in my browser, but I agree that this shouldn’t be necessary. Maybe we just need to update its certificate because the server configuration changed or something. We’ll look into it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Cheers,
-Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the quick response! I’m not sure if my company would appreciate me circumventing these types of certificate issues, so for now I will have to make due. However, good to know it is picked up and looking forward to having access to those materials again in the near future!

Adrie

Hi Greg,
Maybe the IT at lbnl can also check at the same time this email-blocking-issue on the discourse server as well :wink: ?
It is still the same issue than . I just tested it and it came back with this:

The following message to [email protected] was undeliverable. The reason for the problem: 5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 552-’#5.3.4 message header size exceeds limit’

I guess one of the switches is blocking on a low level.
Thanks!
best
Jan

Hi Jan,

I’ve cleaned-up the hostnames for discourse.radiance-online.org such that any reverse IP PTR checks will return discourse.radiance-online.org instead of the previous forum-ro.lbl.gov which the site was CNAMED (aliased) to…

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Dan