2024 Radiance Workshop - Salt Lake City

Hello Everyone,

We announced last week at the workshop in Innsbruck that Halio would be hosting the 2024 Workshop in Salt Lake City!

The tentative dates are August 26-28, 2024.

If you know of any major conflicts, for example a large industry conference that many Radiance users would attend, please let me know as soon as possible. We’d like to finalize these dates soon.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone in Salt Lake City next year! Plan your vacation alongside the workshop, Utah has amazing national parks: The Mighty 5 | Visit Utah

Best,
Andy

6 Likes

Hi Everyone -

The 22nd International Radiance Workshop is quickly approaching! I’d like to provide a few updates.
First, there is a page on radiance-online.org that will contains all these details.

Schedule:

Monday August 26 - Tutorial Day
Tuesday & Wednesday August 27-28 - Attendee presentations

Tutorial Topics

New Hyperspectral Rendering Capabilities in Radiance
This tutorial will provide an introduction to the new hyperspectral rendering capabilities in Radiance 6.0, with a walk-through of applications in electric lighting, daylight, and annual simulation. Different approaches to spectral sky measurement and modeling will be described, together with new Radiance and frads calculation tools. The instructors will set aside extra time for questions and suggestions from participants.
Presented by: Greg Ward, Anyhere Software & Taoning Wang, LBNL

Pyradiance and frads
This tutorial will go through a set of standard daylighting and energy simulation workflows fully in Python using pyradiance and frads. Pyradiance is a python wrapper for Radiance and frads is a lighting and energy simulation framework integrating Radiance and EnergyPlus. We will start with point-in-time and annual daylighting simulation and move on to Radiance and EnergyPlus runtime interaction. We will pull fenestration data from database and make custom glazing systems all in Python.
Presented by: Taoning Wang, LBNL

Venue

Halio’s Salt Lake City office is transitioning to fully remote, leaving me to find us another suitable venue for the workshop. I’ve settled on Publik Coffee, a local coffee roaster with a good sized event space attached to their retail store. This pretty much guarantees that there will be good coffee at the workshop.

Registration

I’m still finalizing some of the details and budget. Registration will (hopefully) open in 2-3 weeks. I will also suggest accommodations.

I’m happy to answer any questions, feel free to email me at: [email protected].

Best,
Andy

2 Likes

Nice to see this post, Andy! These days, Salt Lake City is a day’s drive away from me, and I can definitely vouch for Publik Coffee! Really hoping to make it out there in August.

1 Like