2013 Radiance International Workshop

Hey folks,

I recently sent out a feeler to the group to see what dates might work for next year's Radiance Workshop. We threw out a preference for this schedule:

Mon, Aug 12 2013 - Tutorial Day
Tue, Aug 13 2013 - Presentation Day
Wed, Aug 14 2013 - Presentation Day

I have not heard of any known conflicts with this schedule, so I'd like to proceed as if. Can you all take one more look at your calendars and make sure that all will be able to make it?

I'm really excited about NREL hosting the event, and I'd like to get the dates nailed down so I can start planning. Yes, I know that August is a ways out, but the larger conference rooms book up fast. Also, we have a rather draconian process for approving foreign national access to campus, especially if you're on the so-called "Hostile Countries List". These include Iran, Syria, Cuba (man we really need to get over that one), and one other I'm forgetting at the moment. I'm told it can take as long as six months to get those approvals(!)*, so I'm trying to nail this down soon.

Thanks for your help, and I hope to see lots of you in sunny Colorado in August! Hey, we'll go for a hike.

- Rob

* If you're not part of the axis of evil**, the approvals usually only take about 5 days.

** kidding, Mostapha!