Work in progress - living room

Hi Dion,

the comparison of your real living room and the simulation is amazing! :slight_smile:
Great work, I really think all these details add a lot to the realism!

For the resolution of the scene, you could perhaps try to work backwards from the resolution and the field of view of screen you want to project it to (e.g. if it were a screen with an horizontal resolution of 2000px and a horizontal FOV of 90°, your cube face which is 90°x90° would have to be at least 2000x2000px after the pfilt). If it helps, @Jan_Wienold and I had tested the FOV of our VR headset with a nice trick where Jan made a scene with concentric circles at 10° steps and we could count in VR how many we could see in each direction.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to thank everybody for all the help provided during this amazing learning experience for me.

I just thought I would have some closure to this thread, and I have documented a summary of this exercise here: https://thinkmoult.com/photorealistic-rendering-with-radiance.html

I hope you enjoy reading the summary! At the end, there is a link to all of the sources which I have spent some time cleaning up / refactoring to be reusable, which you can browse online or download. In the process I have also released 30 free and open source Radiance models for others to use in their own scenes!

Well, on to the next project … when I have a bit more free time!

2 Likes