Virtual (fake) weather file > .*wea> *.smx

Dear experts,
I try to create a handmade, virtual weather file for a complete year of
wonderfull clear skies. The goal is a direct-insolation study, somehow the
maximum potential for a given site. So I am interested only in direct and
diffuse irradiance values in the fake .epw.
A) Is there a nice way to create a fake .epw for an arbitrary location for
clear sky all year long? (I would head for looping through the year with
gensky, but that's brute. And the following steps, rework of my fuzzy
concept are unclear to me, today.)
B) What would you suggest for sizing down the timesteps in the epw....
dctimestep calculation (two.phase method...thx to andy' s pdf and David).
The insulation study should give data more frequently than hourly.

Many thanks,
Robert

Hi Robert,

using gensky in that case would not really be brute force. You can use Radiance's cnt tool to provide you with intervals of any wanted duration, translate these into time stamps as expected by gensky using the unix date command, and generate the sky vector from gensky's output. That allows you to easily apply the three-phase method using the synthetic sky distributions.

Cheers, Lars.

···

--
Dipl.-Ing. Lars O. Grobe

11.03.2015 tarihinde 22:59 saatinde, Robert Weitlaner <[email protected]> şunları yazdı:

Dear experts,
I try to create a handmade, virtual weather file for a complete year of wonderfull clear skies. The goal is a direct-insolation study, somehow the maximum potential for a given site. So I am interested only in direct and diffuse irradiance values in the fake .epw.
A) Is there a nice way to create a fake .epw for an arbitrary location for clear sky all year long? (I would head for looping through the year with gensky, but that's brute. And the following steps, rework of my fuzzy concept are unclear to me, today.)
B) What would you suggest for sizing down the timesteps in the epw.... dctimestep calculation (two.phase method...thx to andy' s pdf and David). The insulation study should give data more frequently than hourly.

Many thanks,
Robert