Simulation ecotect_radiance_daysim

hi comunities,
i'am studying a daylight of office building. It have 5 floors with rectangular atria in the center.
i will to prepare the model in ecotect to export it to radiance and to daysim for daylight simulation
My question is: how can i modelize a one typical floor with many adjacent offices? should i consider each space as a separately zone (for example :
office1,office2,corridor, atria...) and modelize it separately?
a typical floor is given on attached document to give you an idea about my problem
how can i prepare the entire floor correctlyfor daylight modelisation?
best regards
Imène

typical floor.pdf (31.1 KB)

···

hi comunities,
i'am studying a daylight of office building. It have 5 floors with rectangular atria in the center.
i will to prepare the model in ecotect to export it to radiance and to daysim for daylight simulation
My question is: how can i modelize a one typical floor with many adjacent offices? should i consider each space as a separately zone (for example :
a typical floor is given on attached document to give you an idea about my problem
thank you
best regards
Imène

typical floor.pdf (31.1 KB)

···

Imène,
Can you be more specific with your question? Is your difficulty in choosing CAD modeling software (plenty of previous posts on this if you search the archives)? Ecotect interface specifics? Setting up calculation grid points within or outside of Ecotect? Scientific/design methodology for your purposes (if so please clarify the intent of your study)? Other difficulties? If your questions are specific to using Ecotect to export you might try searching the radiance-online archives for the word Ecotect to get started, as there have been many similar questions before and only a portion of Ecotect users in this mailing list.

···

Generally speaking, the best thing to do is to break your building down
into the least number of daylighting simulation problems. I would define a
simulation problem as any space (or group of spaces, if they all can
"share" daylight) that represents a unique architectural daylighting
scenario. Look for unique combinations of form factors, orientations, and
room surface characteristics (e.g. room surface reflectance, glazing
transmittance). A row of offices all facing the same way could be reduced
to a single office model. If those offices all have access to potential
daylight from the atrium, then a model with the atrium geometry and an
exemplar office model for each orientation might work. Of course it's hard
to model the effect of atria on adjacent spaces without modeling a lot of
the building, to be honest; the effects of the atrium will vary
vertically, as well. But you can still probably reduce your entire
building model to a subset of modeling challenges for Radiance.

- Rob

···

On 6/1/15, 5:15 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

hi comunities,
i'am studying a daylight of office building. It have 5 floors with
rectangular atria in the center.
i will to prepare the model in ecotect to export it to radiance and to
daysim for daylight simulation
My question is: how can i modelize a one typical floor with many adjacent
offices? should i consider each space as a separately zone (for example :
a typical floor is given on attached document to give you an idea about
my problem
best regards
Imène

Hi Christopher and Robert,thank you for your answer.i think that i will to do three scenarios daylighting simulation:- the first is to simulate the quatity and the quality of daylighting given in offices by external windows according their WWR, the orientation of building glazing transmittance of window and climate characteristics (Tunisian climate)-The second is to simulate the quatity and the quality of daylighting providing by atria in adjacent offices and in different floors-The third is to simulate the quantity of daylighting given by glazing exterior office building to office adjacent atria when we have glazed wall in corridorhow can-I proceed for each scenario knowing that I'm going to do modeling geometry in Ecotect to analyze it in radiance software?
Imène

···

Le Lundi 1 juin 2015 15h35, Christopher Rush <[email protected]> a écrit :

Imène,
Can you be more specific with your question? Is your difficulty in choosing CAD modeling software (plenty of previous posts on this if you search the archives)? Ecotect interface specifics? Setting up calculation grid points within or outside of Ecotect? Scientific/design methodology for your purposes (if so please clarify the intent of your study)? Other difficulties? If your questions are specific to using Ecotect to export you might try searching the radiance-online archives for the word Ecotect to get started, as there have been many similar questions before and only a portion of Ecotect users in this mailing list.
Radiance-general mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.radiance-online.org/mailman/listinfo/radiance-general

Sounds like you've got a plan for which spaces you will model. As for the "how can I proceed" question below, I thin Chris already answered that, and it's copied in your post below...

···

On 6/2/15, 1:38 AM, "slama imène" <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Hi Christopher and Robert,
thank you for your answer.
i think that i will to do three scenarios daylighting simulation:
- the first is to simulate the quatity and the quality of daylighting given in offices by external windows according their WWR, the orientation of building glazing transmittance of window and climate characteristics (Tunisian climate)
-The second is to simulate the quatity and the quality of daylighting providing by atria in adjacent offices and in different floors
-The third is to simulate the quantity of daylighting given by glazing exterior office building to office adjacent atria when we have glazed wall in corridor
how can-I proceed for each scenario knowing that I'm going to do modeling geometry in Ecotect to analyze it in radiance software?
Imène

Le Lundi 1 juin 2015 15h35, Christopher Rush <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> a écrit :

Imène,