Sharing the Ambient Cache

Does the ambient cache need to be cleared for a rtrace -I+ image when the cache was created for a -I- image ?

···

--
Regards
*Terrance McMinn*

No -- the cached irradiance values are the same. The only time you need to clear is if you changed the scene or are rendering with different -a* parameters and want to avoid using old values calculated with the previous settings.

-Greg

···

Subject: [Radiance-general] Sharing the Ambient Cache
Date: October 23, 2015 6:46:40 PM PDT

Does the ambient cache need to be cleared for a rtrace -I+ image when the cache was created for a -I- image ?
--
Regards
Terrance McMinn

Thanks Greg. That was my gut feeling but I had no substance to back it up.

Re: Request for a change Regards
*Terrance McMinn*

···

On 25/10/2015 1:26 am, Greg Ward wrote:

No -- the cached irradiance values are the same. The only time you need to clear is if you changed the scene or are rendering with different -a* parameters and want to avoid using old values calculated with the previous settings.

-Greg

*From: *Terrance McMinn <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>

*Subject: *[Radiance-general] Sharing the Ambient Cache

*Date: *October 23, 2015 6:46:40 PM PDT

--
Regards
*Terrance McMinn*

Thanks Greg. That was my gut feeling but I had no substance to back it up.

Re: Request for a change Regards
*Terrance McMinn*

···

On 25/10/2015 1:26 am, Greg Ward wrote:

-Greg

*From: *Terrance McMinn <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>

*Subject: *[Radiance-general] Sharing the Ambient Cache

*Date: *October 23, 2015 6:46:40 PM PDT

--
Regards
*Terrance McMinn*