Radiance-general Digest, Vol 47, Issue 15

Thank you Thomas and Lars
Now I know what to expect. This will keep me busy for a while. Hopeful I won't bother you too much.
I double-checked my exporter for ARRIS and it does export to OBJ. I was only looking at the 3D translators, the OBJ says it is for 2D, But it is OBJ none-the-less, so when I get to that point, I will try it.
The verion 3.6 was a typing error. I did download 3.8
Yes, I am more interested in pictures rather than lighting analysis, but I want pictures that are accurate. Otherwise I could use any renderer and PhotoShop. One of my associates does exactly that. He uses AutoCad 3D Max and Photoshop and thought they look nice, they're just pretty pictures. Our clients are'nt seeing what they are getting. That bothers me a lot.
Well, time to roll up my sleeves and get to work.
I'll keep you posted.
Bill Rock

double-checked my exporter for ARRIS and it does export to OBJ.

If it does not work - you can export to Sketchup from Arris, and the Sketchup-Format is supported by Thomas Bleicher's converter:

http://code.google.com/p/su2rad/

If there are problems, you can send a typical model (not to the list) in obj and sketchup format to check which way will work with Radiance.

I still wonder if there was not a direct export... I remember something like the export interface in Octree CAD had been developed from a Arris version, but I may be wrong.

verion 3.6 was a typing error. I did download 3.8 Yes, I am more
interested in pictures rather than lighting analysis

You will need a nice material library for that. Radiance can transport the light, but you have to define the reflecting surfaces :wink:

CU Lars.