Radiance-general Digest, Vol 47, Issue 11

Lars,
Sorry it took so long to reply. I've been away this weekend and just got back to my e-mails.
Thank for your help.
OK more detail: I'm running Solaris 10 on a Sun Ultra45 w/ ultrasparcIII processor. I've downloaded to pre-compiled package for Solaris and unzipped it to a temporary directory in my home directory. Then I tried to install with the 'makeall' script but it did not work. Then I figured out that I was in the wrong shell. Changed to 'csh' and ran ./makeall install from a command line as 'su'. This worked. Until it asked where to put things. Then I had to make /usr/local/bin , /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/ray. Continued fine until I get to: exec make "SPECIAL=" \
"OPT=-O2" \
"MACH=-Dlinux -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Dfseeko=fseek -L/usr/X11R6/lib -I/usr/include/X11 -DNOSTEREO" \
ARCH=IBMPC "COMPAT=erf.o" \
INSTDIR=/usr/local/bin \
LIBDIR=/usr/local/lib/ray \
ESUFFIX= \
CC=gcc "$@" -f Rmakefile
Do you want to change it?
I did install to C-compiler from the Sun Development Tools DVD, as instructed by Thomas, thanks Thomas.
'Do you want to change it? no '
'new remake command - - running " makeall clean"'
Then it starts pointing to my temp directory and displaying 'make: command not found'
Until it gets to the bottom then says I have to add /usr/local/bin to my path.
I don't think this finished installing properly because od the 'make" command not found. Also, it seams to have installed in my temp directory. And if this did install, how do I launch it?
Thanks again, Bill

OK more detail: I'm running Solaris 10 on a Sun Ultra45 w/
ultrasparcIII processor. I've downloaded to pre-compiled package for
Solaris and unzipped it to a temporary directory in my home
directory. Then I tried to install with the 'makeall' script (...)

Hi,

if you installed the compiled binaries, there is no need to run the makeall script. This one is needed to build and install from sources.

I do not know where the binaries got installed (I guess something like in /opt or /usr/local), but you should set RAYPATH, maybe PATH, and go using radiance.

If you download the sources, you will need a compiler, make, maybe some other tools found on most systems, and run makeinstall. The contributer who created the binary package already did this for you!

CU Lars.