[Radiance-general] compiling radiance

Hi Greg,

I just tried to compile the current HEAD release and remembered this post of yours, so I threw your customized Rmakefile into ray/src/px. Unfortunately this didn't work as expected. Every line in the file that was referring to .../common/ failed.
I changed those lines to ../common and now everything compiled just fine. Is my system (or csh) missing something or in other words, ist the notation of .../ something that should actually work? Just curios...

Regards,
Erwin

Original Message processed by David.InfoCenter

···

Subject: [Radiance-dev] Re: [Radiance-general] compiling radiance (18-Sep-2008 15:46)
To: [email protected]

Hi Nick, The libtiff distribution I currently have in Radiance seems to have a broken build system, and is failing on a lot of platforms. I think I just need to remove it, and clear the related dependencies from px/ Rmakefile. I'm pretty sure libtiff is included in most modern OS's, though I could use some verification on that point. I'm copying this discussion to the dev list, and we'll sort it out there. Meanwhile, you should be able to get the px tools to compile by substituting the attached px/Rmakefile and running "rmake install" in the px directory. Best, -Greg

Hi Erwin,

You got me on that one -- I have no idea where ".../common" might have come from. It's not in the Rmakefile I attached to my original e-mail. It's a mystery.

-Greg

···

Date: October 7, 2008 2:57:52 AM PDT

Hi Greg,

I just tried to compile the current HEAD release and remembered this post of yours, so I threw your customized Rmakefile into ray/src/px. Unfortunately this didn't work as expected. Every line in the file that was referring to .../common/ failed.
I changed those lines to ../common and now everything compiled just fine. Is my system (or csh) missing something or in other words, ist the notation of .../ something that should actually work? Just curios...

Regards,
Erwin

Hi,

as several people asked on how to build Radiance on older Debian variants
(like Ubuntu...) - would it make sense to add a howto like from the mail below
(the version number is not up-to-date there, but with some lines on how to
find the right file it's fine) somewhere on radiance-online, or include it
into a readme in the source?

Cheers,

Bernd

Bernd Zeimetz wrote:

···