OSX and resolving rview conflict

I know that the old alias "rvu" causes problems with the Mac OSX implementation of RADIANCE. After installing RADIANCE 3.7 after installing OSX 10.4 now "rview" invokes ViM and has the same problem. How do I get rview to call RADIANCE's rview and not the ViM?

Thanks for the patient consideration of my inane Unix question.

kirk

···

------------------------------

Kirk L. Thibault, Ph.D.
[email protected]

p. 215.271.7720
f. 215.271.7740
c. 267.918.6908

skype. kirkthibault

Kirk Thibault wrote:

I know that the old alias "rvu" causes problems with the Mac OSX implementation of RADIANCE. After installing RADIANCE 3.7 after installing OSX 10.4 now "rview" invokes ViM and has the same problem. How do I get rview to call RADIANCE's rview and not the ViM?

Actually, the scene previewer rview was renamed to rvu last year, since rview is commonly an alias to ViM on many Linux machines. If you've installed Radiance 3.7, then you should be able to call up the scene previewer with "rvu"; rview is no longer used (to call up the scene previewer-formerly-called-rview, that is). =8-)

Sounds like you have a clean install of Tiger and then you compiled the latest Radiance source. Assuming you saw no errors during compiling, and you have your PATH and RAYPATH set, then rvu should work for ya. (let us know if it doesn't.)

- Rob Guglielmetti
www.rumblestrip.org

man! - back to rvu - yep, that worked. Thanks Rob.

···

------------------------------

Kirk L. Thibault, Ph.D.
[email protected]

p. 215.271.7720
f. 215.271.7740
c. 267.918.6908

skype. kirkthibault

On Sep 13, 2005, at 3:55 PM, Rob Guglielmetti wrote:

Kirk Thibault wrote:

Actually, the scene previewer rview was renamed to rvu last year, since rview is commonly an alias to ViM on many Linux machines. If you've installed Radiance 3.7, then you should be able to call up the scene previewer with "rvu"; rview is no longer used (to call up the scene previewer-formerly-called-rview, that is). =8-)

Sounds like you have a clean install of Tiger and then you compiled the latest Radiance source. Assuming you saw no errors during compiling, and you have your PATH and RAYPATH set, then rvu should work for ya. (let us know if it doesn't.)

- Rob Guglielmetti
www.rumblestrip.org