mkillum to produce zero radiance (sealing geometry)

Hi List!

I have a scene containing to modifiers that should be converted to illums by mkillum. The first, called illum, should be the actual light source for indirect calculation. That is well documented with mkillum. The second is to "seal" geometry only. That means, the modified surfaces are so small, that I can neglect them to reduce the number of light sources in the indirect calculation. RwR chapter 13.1 suggests to seal such geometry with zero-radiance illums, but doesn't propose how to set them. So that is the point where I am, can I somehow give this zero-radiance as an option to mkillum?

Thank You, CU Lars.

Hi Lars,

You should have a separate material as follows:

void illum seal.illum
3 0 0 0

Apply this to seal illum geometry. The only illums you should need to send to mkillum are that actual ones to be used for secondary sources.

-Jack

Lars O. Grobe wrote:

ยทยทยท

Hi List!

I have a scene containing to modifiers that should be converted to illums by mkillum. The first, called illum, should be the actual light source for indirect calculation. That is well documented with mkillum. The second is to "seal" geometry only. That means, the modified surfaces are so small, that I can neglect them to reduce the number of light sources in the indirect calculation. RwR chapter 13.1 suggests to seal such geometry with zero-radiance illums, but doesn't propose how to set them. So that is the point where I am, can I somehow give this zero-radiance as an option to mkillum?

Thank You, CU Lars.

Hi... please ignore that previous message, the solution is too simple... I just exclude every modifier but the necessary ones and simply define a zero-radiance illum for the sealing manually, so mkillum doesn't touch this at all... CU Lars.