Installing Radiance on Mac G5 Leopard?

I am primarily interested in the image analysis features of radiance but have not found any step-by-step instructions for installing the software on a Mac G5 running Leopard. Not interested at this point in the rendering functions. Very interested in using HDR photography for luminance measurements. Would appreciate any references covering these topics. Unix and Matlab naive, although I suppose I could learn!

I have reviewed several articles including Inanici & Galvin 2004 and Beltran and Mogo 2005.

PS There is an useful program, ImageJ, developed at the National Institutes of Health that allows for luminance calibration of pixel values and arbitary selection of image areas for computation of average luminance and other functions. I have used this successfully for contrast measurements of scene objects; however it is limited to LDR images. It is a free download.

Kenneth Ziedman, Ph. D.
PO Box 1505
12088 Shoreline Hwy.
Pont Reyes Station, CA 94956-1505
415-663-9179
415-663-5442 fax

Hi Kenneth,

Two words, the second being a URL:

Photosphere at http://www.anyhere.com/

This application does pretty much exactly what you're asking. For command-line image processing, Radiance is useful as well. You can download the executables for Leopard from:

http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/framed.html

Cheers,
-Greg

···

Date: June 3, 2009 8:26:30 PM PDT

I am primarily interested in the image analysis features of radiance but have not found any step-by-step instructions for installing the software on a Mac G5 running Leopard. Not interested at this point in the rendering functions. Very interested in using HDR photography for luminance measurements. Would appreciate any references covering these topics. Unix and Matlab naive, although I suppose I could learn!

I have reviewed several articles including Inanici & Galvin 2004 and Beltran and Mogo 2005.

PS There is an useful program, ImageJ, developed at the National Institutes of Health that allows for luminance calibration of pixel values and arbitary selection of image areas for computation of average luminance and other functions. I have used this successfully for contrast measurements of scene objects; however it is limited to LDR images. It is a free download.

Kenneth Ziedman, Ph. D.
PO Box 1505
12088 Shoreline Hwy.
Pont Reyes Station, CA 94956-1505
415-663-9179
415-663-5442 fax